Follow this Guide to a Sparkling Clean Home
Spring is right around the corner and soon there will be extra sunlight and later sunsets. The bees will be buzzing, flowers will start to bloom, and your house will be in need of a deep clean. Spring cleaning allows you to open your windows and rejuvenate your home to prepare for the upcoming seasons of warmth and color.
In this article we will cover a couple key points around the house to give you an idea of where to start and what to do. The key is to focus on one room at a time in order to complete each room in a timely manner, rather than trying to clean the entire house at once.
- Organize items based on what you need and don’t need. If it hasn’t been used or seen the light of day since 2010, it’s time to toss or donate it.
- Dust when the sun is shining so the particles are easier to see. Don’t forget to dust those places you’ve neglected all year like the ceiling fan, shelves, and lamp shades.
Disinfect the Kitchen:
- Clean and disinfect all appliances like the microwave, oven, stove, and fridge. Start the new season with freshly cleaned appliances.
- Remove all items in your drawers and cabinets to give those places a thorough wipe down before placing everything back in its place.
Refresh your Living Room:
- Make sure to remove couch cushions to vacuum and clean what’s been lying beneath since the stone age, and spot clean your couch while you’re at it.
- Maneuver all furniture to sweep or vacuum the dust bunnies and crumbs that have been living underneath.
Scrub the Bathroom:
- Start by spraying the shower walls and bathtub with bathroom cleaner so you can complete other tasks while waiting for your cleaning product to do its job.
- Scrub and wipe down other parts of the bathroom, like the toilet and sink, while you’re waiting for the shower wall cleaner to penetrate and kill bacteria.
Freshen up your Bedroom:
- Along with washing bed sheets regularly, it’s also important to wash your pillows and comforters.
- Be sure to spot clean, vacuum, and spray your mattress with disinfectant.
- Organize and wash all winter clothes before storing them away, and bring out those spring/summer threads.
Shine a new Light on the Outside:
- To avoid streaks, it’s best to clean your windows on a cloudy day, so the sun doesn’t dry the cleanser before you get a chance to wipe it off.
- Clean and disinfect your outdoor furniture to prepare for the incoming warm weather, but be sure to read care labels before taking any action.